Hatching Eggs from Miss-Jayne - Mahonri & ChevygirlBeth

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChevygirlBeth, Apr 5, 2009.

1. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

This is the official thread for Mahonri and I to post updates about our eggs we're hatching from Miss_Jayne and her lovely family!

I set my 6 "designer" chicken eggs & 6 duck eggs from miss-jayne tonight along with some "deigner" chicken eggs (RIR, NHR, golden comet, & EE with an EE rooster and a RIR rooster) & 1 duck egg (she has Khaki Campbell crosses) from my cousin and 6 guinea eggs from our guineas. [​IMG] This is my first hatch ever. I'm using my cousin's Little Giant incubator.

I talked with Mahonri earlier and his eggs from miss_jayne had not yet arrived, but he's hoping they get there tomorrow. He started some eggs already and will add the ones from miss_jayne to the incubator when they arrive!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Yeah, I was certain that they would get there on Friday.. .I was flying out of town so I left some empty spots for Miss Jayne's eggs with instructions for my 14 year old.

So along with Miss Jaynes eggs I've got Blue/Black/Splash Ameraucanas, Salmon Faverolles and Wheaten/Blue Wheaten eggs. (from Dipsy Doodle Doo and pasofinofarms)

My kids are more excited believe it or not about the "Designer Chickens and ducks"... so we'll just have to figure out how to go with the flow.

This means that the eggs will be three days apart but I guess it wouldn't hurt them to up the humidity a day sooner and stop turning a day or so sooner as I read somewhere where you can stop turning on day 15... I may leave the turner in there with just one row cuz the duck eggs will have to stay for an extra week anyway.

Good luck Beth.

And thanks Miss Jayne... we already know what we are sending you as a thank you gift! (just waiting for the address on your box!)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  3. ChevygirlBeth

Here are my eggs from miss_jayne!
    [​IMG]

4. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Cool, that lower right chicken egg almost looks PINK!

And the lower left one looks OLIVE!

WOW! What great Designer chickens she has.

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:yep. and i know what the pink one is! [​IMG] and there is a good chance it may be a pure chick. hee hee!

the other is definitely olive. and the babies from them are very pretty. always get bought up right away. [​IMG]

i see Beth has hidden the writing so Mahonri gets a surprise also! good one Beth! [​IMG]

Mahonri, if you don't get the box soon, you let me know and i will send out another. [​IMG]

6. ChevygirlBeth

I didn't want to ruin the surprise completely! lol. I wanted to wait to post the egg picture, but I couldn't stand it anymore.

7. moms_coop

moms_coop Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2008
    Maine
    Can someone tell me what it cost to buy and have hatching eggs shipped?
    Sally

8. ChevygirlBeth

9. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Well they're here and they are in the bator (no pics) because I didn't open them or put them in, my 14 year old did, (he's home "sick" today) Anyway, he was excited to show them to me through the bator window and tell me what each was... even made certain I could see the olive colored egg!

Wahoo.... and a banty!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  10. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    yep! a little bit of this and that. so glad they finally got there! geesh!

now we wait! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by