Hatching eggs from Mixed Color Silkie Flock

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by kentuckysilkies, Aug 16, 2008.

1. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    I have 18 eggs from my flock of mixed color Silkies, all colors penned together. $30.00 with shipping included to ship on Monday the 18th. You can see pictures on my birds at kentuckysilkies.com

Thanks for your interest,
    Tom

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    OMG....those are some of the most unique, interesting and beautiful silkies i have ever seen. Were you working on this or did it just happen from a mixed flock? I have 2 white hens, 2 buff hens and a splash silkie roo.....they only seem to produce blue chicks. Some of those are just amazing colors [​IMG]

Wendy

3. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Wow, those are great colors. i especially like the ones that are whitish with grey crests. i am soooooo tempted! i have a broody hen right now trying to hatch straw.

4. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Hi Tom! :) That silkie in your avatar is gorgeous!

How are things going with you all?

(I haven't hatched eggs from Tom since the old byc days, but had great fertility and lovely chicks when I did!)

5. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Hi Tom,

i just pm-ed you. i don't think i can resist. i don't have it in me to incubate, since we just moved cross state three months ago. But i think my silkie mix Carmen is up to the job. Poor thing is so determined to be broody.

Colleen

6. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Tom, They just keep getting better don't they? I see a very pretty black one there. Do I know his daddy? I have not visited your website for awhile and it makes me want to get some new pictures on my own. Great job all around.

7. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    Hi Lurky, these are just the results of random matings. I do concentrate on the quality of Silkie traits, but love the mystery of not knowing what color to expect.

Hi Jaynie. I still have Shadow. He is beautiful now that he is fully feathered. He is still at the bottom of the pecking order but the larger space at my nephew's place keeps him out of the way of the dominant males.

Colleen, I saw your message and responded.

Thanks everyone
    Tom

8. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Wooooo hooooooo! i'm getting some eggs! i'm getting some eggs!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    i told my broody Carmen tonight that i ordered her some fertile eggs. She just kept her head down and body puffed up, with that pinwheel look in her eyes. i think she's getting herself pumped up for the big event.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by