HATCHING eggs from our 9 year old Daughters FRIZZLE Project! Thanks for your support!

Sally Sunshine

cattywampus
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Aug 23, 2012
PA
12+ Hatching eggs from our 9 year old daughters frizzle project aka Curley Sues we bubble wrap, pack very well and YES air cell up and DOUBLE BOXED! WE ALSO SELL LIVE DAY OLD CHICKS SHIPPED
https://www.facebook.com/SallySunshinePoultry

In regards to frizzle: these chicks are a from our 9 year old daughters breeding project, she breeds serama for fun with trying to master the frizzle gene with the tiny chicken! It works for me as they do not need a ton of space! THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING HER to everyone who has purchased her eggs! It means the world to us!! she is working with the frizzle gene with this project to get the cutest birds ever!

REMINDER THAT NOT EVERY CHICK WILL BE FRIZZLED PLEASE READ GENETICS BELOW...

Basic Breeding and Genetics

Frizzles are not always frizzled, which is very important to remember, but they are all still frizzles nonetheless. When two exhibition Frizzles are mated 25% will be smooth feathered, 50% frizzled (of varying quality) and the remaining 25% will be extremely frizzled. We have both straight feathered as well as frizzled hens and roos.

The Frizzled birds are self explanatory, as they have frizzled plumage as per the breed standard, although the degree of curl will vary from just lifted, to those exhibition quality birds with a good curl towards the head.

Smooth feathered frizzles, whilst having no curl whatsoever are very important in the breeding pen. This is because after breeding frizzle-to-frizzle for a few years the feather quality of the frizzled birds can deteriorate, so that the feathers (especially the flight and tail feathers) become very narrow and brittle. Introducing a smooth feathered frizzle into the breeding pen every now and again will combat this, ensuring the feathers of the frizzzled birds remain soft and broad.

No Live Egg Guarantee: Unfortunately, fragile embryos in hatching eggs can easily be destroyed during shipment by any number of causes including rough handling, temperature extremes, fluctuating air pressure in airplanes, and X-ray scanners. Although we take great care in packing eggs for shipment, we bubble wrap, air cell up and double box only fresh eggs, we cannot guarantee the viability of any hatching eggs that we ship to customers. The customer assumes all the risk of damage or loss during shipment, you can file a claim with USPS if they are at fault with late or damage box, see CLAIMS below.

We also have some chicks available for local pick up!

Hatch August 2014!

1560690_1460247697528967_354036262_n.jpg

1013839_1460247800862290_1394224700_n.jpg

1743563_1473022466251490_1710109422_n.jpg

1900445_1473538579533212_2075566747_o.jpg

Last edited:
I want some- I can never get serama to hatch though!!
why not! because of being shipped eggies???

I have a list of people we are going to do shipped serama chicks with, send me a message if your interested in helping with this big step for us and HarmonyAnns little peepers!!

why not!  because of being shipped eggies???

I have a list of people we are going to do shipped serama chicks with, send me a message if your interested in helping with this big step for us and HarmonyAnns little peepers!!

I am guessing that is why. I read they don't take shipping well, but I've seen many do it. Maybe I just don't have the touch. They are so darn cute though! I tried several times! Your daughter and her chickies are adorable. Great job!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom