1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatching eggs FS / Silkie, Frizzle Cochin / SC

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Dipsy Doodle Doo, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Hi!
    Got 2 groups of 9 fresh fertile eggs for hatching available:
    ~ 9 Silkie eggs
    ~ 9 Frizzle eggs

Either group (9 eggs) for $16.00,
    Both groups (18 eggs) for $22.00

Price includes Priority Mail and Delivery Confirmation.

The Silkies are white, blue, and splash (You can see some pics of the parents on 'my page').

The Frizzle hens are blue and black (some Cochin, some CochinxSilkie crosses). The roo in the pen is a smooth lemon blue Cochin.

For more details or questions, post here or email me
    tubersnroots@bellsouth.net

Thanks,
    Lisa

2. Animal123Animal

Animal123Animal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Lake Mathews Calif.
    Hello Lisa
    It's been a week and I checked the eggs last night and 8 of them are growing. You have some very good eggs and I highly recommend them to all. I'm getting jazzed just two more weeks. Thanks again Dennis

3. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
  4. Hi Dennis!
    Keep up the good work, only 13 days to go [​IMG]

Hi Jenn!
    That first one looks like my NNEE girls (you're right, it's likely a boy with that red comb already).
    I keep forgetting you got those eggs right after I moved a lot of girls to the NN pen. I don't know what color that 2nd one is, but I don't *think* it's splash.
    I shouldn't be getting any brown-y chicks, but someone is throwing sports. I hatched a couple of funny colored brown NNs here [​IMG]
    The frizzle NN roo is a happy man [​IMG] I told you I set up the 'Jenn Pen', but the girls acted just miserable and I was afraid they'd stop laying. Problem solved --- I moved the black NN roo out and the blue/gold frizz NN roo is in the pen with all the NN girls.
    Your eggs will be going out Sat the 10th.

Thanks again,
    Lisa

5. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    What color silkie eggs do you have? I have a hen that went broody yesterday and would like to set some eggs under her.

6. jkcove08

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    I realize you are trying for the black skin but I just love the white what ever!!! It is so interesting looking. It shows some signs of the silkie with the 5 toes and dark shik. It also has very fine feathers. It is like half way between regular feathers and silkie feathers. Very nice. I also love the half pom on its head.. I cant wait for it to grow up to full grown!! I am so excited to get the eggs and let them start growing. I just put my eggs in the hatcher yesterday. I candled a bunch and a few looked a little behind but then the rest are farther along. I guess that is the down fall to not having a forced air bator. I have 2 hens outside that went broody. I had to laugh though, I finally put 2 eggs under the one hen since she wouldnt stop brooding even when she was sitting on nothing so I gave her 2 eggs.. Then the other night my hubby went into the hay loft to get eggs and said that another hen had went broody and was sitting on about 7 eggs. They were real warm and she was making a racket so he left her the eggs..lol I would have never expected him to do that so I think chicken is finally getting into his blood.. I hope everything is going good. Jenn

7. Hi Peeps7,
    The Silkie roo is white and the hens are white, blue, and splash.

Jenn, She does look like she's going to have a nice crest [​IMG]
    Good luck with the eggs in the hatcher. Which ones are they? I wish I could get my Hubby interested in chickens --- he only likes eating them.

Lisa

8. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Can I see pics?

9. Hi Peeps7,
    You can see some pics of the Silkies on 'My Page'.
    (click on the link that says 'My Page / Odd Birds').

Lisa

10. jkcove08

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    The eggs in the hatcher right now are from my own standard crosses. My father in law was taking the extra eggs I had to work and was selling them and was getting more orders then I could keep up with so I figured that I would hatch a bunch out now so that they will be ready to lay by spring and I should be able to keep up better. At one time I was getting about 2 dozen a day but now it is only about 7 or 8 a day. My hubby still complains a lot about them but he knows that my chickens are something that I like having and I dont much else other then reading. He likes hunting and bowling on a league so he gets those and I get chickens..lol We both stay happy that way. Jenn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by