1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

hatching eggs how dirty is considered exceptable

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by akmustangman, Mar 19, 2015.

1. akmustangman

akmustangman Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2015
    Alaska
    i ordered some eggs i am very disappointed with the sel[​IMG]

ler in the quality of the eggs i told her i never received any this dirty before.the seller says they are fine they are unwashed as they should be. i am the only complaint. i would like to apologize to her if i am wrong do these look ok for incubator?

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! Try posting your questions in the "Incubating & Hatching Eggs" section.

3. JadedPhoenix

JadedPhoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2012
    Tyro-Lexington, NC
    I'd take a toothbrush and get the worst of the dirt off. Not a full wash but it enough to get the poo off. If I was to sell eggs, I'd have been embarrassed to send you any like that. Not to mention, is that how they were shipped? That is not how a decent seller protects them from breakage. I would have been collecting them frequently and sending only the cleanest of the clean eggs and would have bubble wrapped each egg individually and sent them in an egg carton to keep them from moving around too much during shipping.

4. akmustangman

Jan 29, 2015
    Alaska
    [​IMG]seller told me they would be shipped in foam this is med flat rate box i am amazed they made it intact.after 5 days they were in bubble wrap as you can see the ones on the sides not mucch protection the whole order form the time i seen the outside of the box i was concerned.looked sloppy

5. JadedPhoenix

JadedPhoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2012
    Tyro-Lexington, NC
    [​IMG] This person must not be experienced in selling hatching eggs. IF I had to do that method because I had no other choice, that box would be going in a bigger box with more bubble wrap to keep it from moving around. You are lucky that you didn't have scrambled eggs when you opened up the box.

6. akmustangman

Jan 29, 2015
    Alaska
    the seller may be burnt out on her farming. she was rude and denies her own listing says packed in foam and argues everything is fine claims i am just mad because they were shipped on sat
    and received them on Thurs yes this does not help....

1 person likes this.
  7. akmustangman

Jan 29, 2015
    Alaska
    but thank you for assuring me i am not the only one that does not want to pay good money for this kind of service

1 person likes this.
  8. Tolbunt

Tolbunt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2015
    Your eggs are fine I hatch eggs that are covered with poop and get a 50/50 hatch rate.

9. akmustangman

Jan 29, 2015
    Alaska
    hmmm im no expert but 50/50 is not real good.

1 person likes this.
  10. Tolbunt

Tolbunt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2015
    Yes I agree but the eggs that I hatch have layers of poop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by