Hatching Eggs In A Sock?

FC16

Songster
Jun 1, 2021
Cambridgeshire, UK 🇬🇧
I’m aware this is probably near impossible but I have some spare fertilised eggs and thought why not! 😆 I’ve placed an egg in a sock and filled it with rice, I’ve also put 2 hand warmers in there. I’ve tied it tight at the top and placed another sock over it. I’ve then put this under my bed wrapped in a blanket. Although it’s unlikely, what do you think the chances are of it working?

You should put more just in case one doesn't make it. I really like to see how this goes Good luck.

I’m aware this is probably near impossible but I have some spare fertilised eggs and thought why not! 😆 I’ve placed an egg in a sock and filled it with rice, I’ve also put 2 hand warmers in there. I’ve tied it tight at the top and placed another sock over it. I’ve then put this under my bed wrapped in a blanket. Although it’s unlikely, what do you think the chances are of it working?
I dont think it will work. Especially with little to no humidity.

It likely won’t work, the temp would need to be just right. I don’t see that happening with that method. But you will be able to tell in 4-5 days if you notice veins.

very high chance of you cooking the egg or it not being warm enough. Even if it hatches, you might end up with a chick with deformities etc 😬

Hand warmers aint cheap! If you want to spend that much money, you may as well buy a cheap thermostat controller and use it with a crockpot/ rice cooker/ electric skillet or something 🤣

Back
Top Bottom