1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatching eggs in my class!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mycutekitties, Nov 10, 2011.

1. mycutekitties

mycutekitties Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Modesto, California
    I'm a Head Start teacher and we are hatching eggs in our class. The kids are LOVING this project. I candeled the eggs on day 10 and the kids said they were "dancing in the egg". [​IMG]
    We are due to hatch Wednesday. (This pic was last week).
    [​IMG]

2. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

What will you do with the chickens when you are done?

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:I was wondering that too.
    That is great. I have some parents come over with their kids who they are homeschooling and do classes on hatching. I have hatches weekly. The kids just love it. I also provide chicks for kids in FFA and 4H. I do ask for photos of their progress.

4. mycutekitties

Aug 15, 2009
    Modesto, California
    One of the parents has a small farm and they want them. Otherwise I would just keep them (they are my eggs).

5. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    You have a sign that say's "it takes 21 days for a chicken egg to incubate". Give yourself up to 5 days after the 21st day, sometime you do get some slow pokers. But nice job if you are seeing movements, I always say "my chicks are swimming"... Becare it becomes an addicting project.. LOL...

6. mycutekitties

Aug 15, 2009
    Modesto, California
    Quote:Oh I hatch year around [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by