Hatching Eggs- Michigan

chickychee

Songster
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Michigan
Hello Everyone,
I was considering buying some really really good OEGB hatching eggs and decided it would be best to buy some cheaper eggs and get the bator fired up and in good working order before I go all out and buy really expensive eggs:p I was wondering if anyone had any bantam eggs under 10.00 a dozen and around $10.00-$12.00 shipping. If anyone has anything let me know. Thank You:)

if u are interested in pure silkie bantams i can do an assortment of a dz+ partridge and whites for $20 includeing ship, it would be whatever is laid, not sure how many of what color. should be able to ship tomarrow or wed. let me know if u are interested and if so shoot me a pm and i'll get details to ya i can take paypal. pix of my flock are on my site, link for it is in my siggy.
thanks,
silkie

hmm, i don't know about silkies, they are like the only bantam I don't do, but my sister does so ill talk to her:) Thank You:)

Hi Chicky,

Where in Michigan are you? Not sure if you would be interested in this. I have bantams, however they are not separated so you would be getting a mixed bag. My hens include cochins(black, self blue, blue, buff) silkies(blue,, blue splash,) Mille Fleurs. My roos include Mille Fleurs, black cochin, red frizzle, golden sebright, partridge silkie. These roos often go after my polish girls girls, as well. One is white, two are silver. A also, have a bunch of standards-different breeds, however they are all in together, as well. I would be interested in just doing a freebie swap, depending on your location. My 12 for your 12. I know some folks don't like mixed chicks. If anyone else reading this is interested in doing a swap, let me know. I live in Clarkston and would prefer someone within an hours drive. Thanks.

Im in Nashville MI. I don't know where Clarkston is. None of my hens are laying right now but i'd be interested in doing a trade with you when they do, it shouldn't be too long:p I have the Silver Duckwing pen and a Mille Fleur D'uccle pen, White Leghorn pen, a blue cochin pen, and a bunch of barnyards that could be crossed between Australorps, Americanas,Rhode Island Reds, and Buff Laced Polish. I can message you when they get going though:)

Chicky, I'm about halfway between Detroit and Flint. I mapquested the drive. We are about 2 hours from one another-that makes about an hour drive for both of us. Let's give that some thought. Let me know when your birds start laying. I went to MSU so I am familiar with the drive down 69 from Flint to E.Lansing. I see that you are kind of on the other side of Lansing.

I know the way to MSU, so maybey when we want to get together we can find a halfway point to meet and swap.

Just wanted to let everyone know, be sure you call MSU before you go. My friend called yesterday, and their chickens are all molting and they said they would not have eggs until either beginning or mid April, can't remember which she said now.
sad.png

Funny you should mention that. I was just thinking that I should tell chicky to call MSU as they have hatching eggs. If you google "Michigan State University hatching eggs" the info will come up. They gather eggs this time of year to get ready for Small Animals day. 'Course that's not till April. the same thing happened to me last spring. I wanted eggs but they weren't ready. I have been to the farm. Their exhibition birds are very pretty. The MSU sight lists all of them for you.

I just went to the Pollorum Testing Class and after we went there we went to the Poultry Research and Training are where they sell the eggs and all that they had availible was the Cortunix Quail, so I got a dozen of those. They said mid April they should be rollin.

Back
Top Bottom