Hatching Eggs - Pheasant, Duck, Turkey, Quail

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chseeads, May 2, 2011.

1. chseeads

chseeads Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Various fertile hatching eggs available. I'm located in the Bloomington, IN area and local pickups are welcome, and I can ship anywhere else. Normally ship USPS Priority, if you have any special mailing preferences, just let me know. I bubble wrap each egg individually, set them in egg cartons, and pack them with crumpled paper or other filler. Had real good luck on very little breakage or damage of that sort during last season's shipping.

For shipping estimates, other questions, etc., feel free to reply here, or PM me. I can accept Paypal, or other payment depending on the situation. lol

Melanistic Pheasant Eggs - $10/dozen
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Muscovy Duck Eggs - $5/dozen
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Trout Indian Runner or Welsh Harlequin Duck Eggs - $10/dozen
    (I have some at the moment that could be mixed, but the breeds have been separated a week or so now, so definite pure eggs will be available soon. $5/dozen for what I have right now that may be pure or mixed.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mottled Black & Black Spanish Turkey Eggs - $15/dozen
    I have Mottleds and Spanish turkeys together, so eggs may be mixes or pures of those colors. The mottleds also throw some other color patterns, so they could hatch royal palms, etc.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Coturnix Quail Eggs - $3/dozen
    From a mixed flock of a variety of different colors.

http://www.snoozingooseranch.com

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Those pheasants are so cool! [​IMG]

3. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    Quote:agreed!

4. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Can we see more pictures of your muscovys? Please! [​IMG]

5. chseeads

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    The drake and 2 hens pictured are the only ones I've got...just a trio. Get quite a variety of colored babies from them though.

6. Riffecreek

Riffecreek Chukar Junky

May 29, 2010
    Dunnville, Ky.
    Discounts on a large volume order of pheasant eggs?? [​IMG] (worth a try! [​IMG] ) how many pheasant eggs could you ship at one time and whats the shipping for that amount to 42528??

7. chseeads

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Quote:I think I can probably do a couple dozen with maybe a few extras per box at a time, based on the way I pack them and aiming for the freshness factor, for around $7 shipping. If you wanted more I could do multiple shipments like that as available.

8. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    That male pheasant is [​IMG] so freaking handsome!!! [​IMG]

9. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    once I get this whole hatching pheasants thing down I will most definately be asking for some melanistic eggs, I ordered some from someone and I botched the hatch apparently.... I think it had something to do with my stupid thermometer/hygrometers apparently [​IMG] So i have one lonely baby melanistic right now.... dont know if I care whether it is a boy or a girl or not. Those hens are gorgeous! The boy pheasants are always gorgeous but usually the females get the crap end of the stick! lol. Well thanks for posting I know who to holler at if I want some!

10. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I got some late-season melanistic eggs from chseeads last fall. I only hatched 3 chicks but it was a male and 2 females. Being late fall chicks with an early winter, they didn't handle the change in weather too well and I lost both the pullets. I ended up giving the male to a friend of mine who has regular ringnecks so he could propogate. That being said, I must say that is the MOST BEAUTIFUL bird I have ever seen! The pictures just don't do them justice! I have too many eggs in my bator (114 and counting) with not enough $$ in my paypal...otherwise I'd be all over those eggs! My dad is going to IN in June for a family reunion...maybe I can sweet-talk him into swinging by and picking some up? [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by