Hatching Eggs ?? & Selling Eggs for Hatching

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gonechickcrazy, Feb 14, 2009.

1. gonechickcrazy

gonechickcrazy Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2008
    Northern Kentucky
    Hello, I have thought about trying to hatch some eggs. I have never tried this before so I would like to know the steps from collecting to putting them in the incubator. Also does anyone sell eggs on ebay? If so how do you package them for shipping. I have thought about doing this because we are getting way more eggs than we need. Any suggestions would greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for your help!![​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I would delete the breed line if you wont the subject to stay on topic.

Collect the eggs till you have enough but no longer than 14 days. An turn them threw out that time. Set them all at once. Store them in a cool place but not the fridge.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  3. gonechickcrazy

gonechickcrazy Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2008
    Northern Kentucky
    Thanks, Now can any one tell me about selling eggs for hatching??

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Collect the eggs for hatching, and store them in a 50-55 degree room, large end up. Store them no more than 2-3 days. You want them to get to your customer when they eggs are no more than 7-10 days old. Wrap them in bubblewrap. Then fill up the box with lots and lots of shredded paper. Nestle the bubblewrapped eggs in the shredded paper, and then cover with lots and lots more shredded paper. Ship them priority. I lable the box "FRAGILE", and "PLEASE HANDLE WITH CARE". I've found, and heard from other sellers that when they are labeled "hatching eggs", or "do not xray", they are most often x-rayed, and the post office will play kick ball with the box.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by