Hatching eggs shipping boxes...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Poulets De Cajun, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

I was thinking the other day about how many of us ship hatching eggs, and wondered if there was a way to make them make the trip a little better.

One of the things I know for sure must happen is that boxes get thrown and flipped around. This causes the eggs inside to be flipped around as well, thus throwing the yolk all over and sometimes detaching the air sacs.

And then it occurred to me.... Live bird shipping boxes have those pyramid shaped tops to that (A) nothing can be stacked on top of it, and (B) so that it can only be set down one way, on its bottom!

If this were applied to "hatching egg shipping boxes" wouldn't the same principles apply?

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    I like that idea. Maybe it would help post office workers treat them better.

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

I wonder how we could test it out. Will the post office ship a package thats been "pieced together?"

4. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    I have no clue. But you would think they would after some of the packages Ive gotten over the years. They didnt much resemble any kind of box once the got to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by