1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

hatching eggs special!! silkies, showgirls *closed*

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by therealsilkiechick, Oct 18, 2008.

1. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    girls r laying to much and i don't want to have anymore winter brooder babies. this is for monday shipping from eggs collected this weekend. i'll add any extras i can. post sold for ones u want and send payment via paypal to [email protected]. pics r on my website link in my siggy.
    thanks,
    silkie

6+ partridge showgirl/silkies -$25 shipped

1dz- white showgirls -$45 shipped

1dz- buff silkie -$45 shipped

6+ -white silkie -$25 shipped

offer is closed due to i had to set them all in my GQF but if u r still wanting eggs to buy or trade just pm me or email me to see what is available for a private trans.
    thank you,
    silkie

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  2. chickNjake

chickNjake Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2008
    east tn
    I want some showgirls so bad!!! But, I have to wait til November 8th and there is a show 45mins away where there might be some! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    but I'll just have to be strong until then [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Animal123Animal

Animal123Animal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Lake Mathews Calif.
    Hello Silkie
    I wish I'm going out of town tonight for the week, I just love your birds and can't wait to get a few more to add to the showgirls I have. Maybe next time Enjoy Dennis

4. silverfilly

silverfilly Peepin N' Cheepin

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    I want the white showgirls soo bad. Will have them again next week?

I just finished hatching 14 showgirl eggs and only 4 eggs hatched..yes could have been my fault, but only one of the 4 chicks is a SG and its not even a homozygouse (sp) that was a disapointing hatch..what is the percentage of SG/silkies you get from your white Showgirls?

5. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    chic,
    lol, ya never know if they will be at a show or not so yep keep a look out for them.[​IMG]

dennis,
    let me know when u get back what breeds u got laying mabe we can work a trade for seramas or marans or something or a trade for plants/cuttings again so i got something to do over winter but don't tell mike,lol.[​IMG]

silver,
    as long as they keep laying good yes, but weather is getting colder out. mine throw bowtied babies usually but i do have 1 roo who does not have it all others have the bowtie. usually a couple from each hatch doesn't have the bowtie. i have 2 pens of them so it varies percentage but at a guess about 75% i've never actually done the figures to see, 1 pen has all silkie girls with 2 sg roos, the other is all sg girls with 3 silkie boys. i put whatever is laid from both pens.
    thanks,
    silkie

6. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Whew! I almost bought the buff, but the last broody I have is still "thinking about it" and has not started setting tight yet. Close call! Now if it would have been a bunch of splash eggs, I might not have stayed so strong...

7. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    oh, come on i know ur all dieing to hatch more babies!! [​IMG]
    i got blue/black/splash-silkie/sizzle/showgirl pen, lol but i have to ship an order before i can do those yet. [​IMG]

8. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Stop!
    I only clicked on this post because it was from you! IN fact, I don't even know how I got to this section-my mouse must have a mind of its own- there is NO way I am having a house full of chickens this winter- winter that will last for months and months....even if they would be your show girls!

But just wait until my Spring...I will be have my incubator up and running and ready for the first eggs you start shipping...I would say you could hand deliver me some in February. By the time they are old enough to go outside, it should be nice enough outside for them.

Until then...well, I am just going to stay out of this section of BYC....[​IMG]

9. burntumber

burntumber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    Quote:Do you have any homozygous SG roos or hens? You might already know this, but I just thought I'd mention that can't get a homozygous SG chick out of two heterozygous (bow tied) parents. Likewise, don't count on getting a homozygous chick out of a Homozygous SG bred to a straight silkie. If one of the parents is homozygous and the other is heterozygous, there's still only a small, small chance you'll hatch out a homozygous chick.

Homozygous naked neck is really pretty hard to come by. Both of my SG roos are homozygous and most of my flock are heterozygous SG hens, with some straight Silkies in the mix. That said I've only ever hatched out 3 (!!) homozygous chicks in the past two years! All were boys. This gives you an idea of how rare they are.

I just bought a pair of SG with Hattrick lines off eggbid- spent about $120 some odd dollars to get them, but I can't imagine how many eggs I'd have to buy and hatch to finally end up with the incredible quality this pair has! :0) I still think hatching eggs is great fun, but if you're really looking for something specific and fairly rare, you might want to consider springing for one already hatched and raised, ready for breeding.

10. CindyS

CindyS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Geneseo, Illinois
    Im confused, so homozygous is what everyone is shooting for? Therealsilkiechicks avatar is a heretozygous? and thats not good? or just not as good as the other? Is it clear at hatch which is which? I have 5 due to hatch on thursday and am curious!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by