Hatching eggs wanted

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Cackel, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Cackel

Cackel Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    I would like to have some RIR and BR hatching eggs ,after Christmas and near Virginia

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I always have RIR, but they are most likely mixes. The hens are in a pen with 2 RIR, 3 SLW, and 3 white rock roos. There are 30-something RIR hens, and some SLW hens. Also a light brahma hen. I can usually tell which eggs are which, so you'd be sure they'd be at least half RIR. Let me know if you're interested.

3. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Would those be considered sex links then shelly?

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I'm not really sure how the sex link thing works. I know that white chickens and red chickens are used for the red sex links, but not sure which is which. And the black sex links have BR and something else, but I was told that the SLW could make sexlinks as well. I guess I should find out huh? We are planning on seperating them soon, so it won't be a factor in another month or so, but right now they are all mixed up. I guess it would depend on which roos bred which hens. We do get pures of the RIR and the SLW, though we don't have any pure white rocks. We have a pullet that is a light grey color all over her whole body, so I have no idea what mix made that! She sure is pretty, wish I could figure it out!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by