Hatching Eggs Wanted

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by silkieluvr, Nov 21, 2007.

1. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    I just finished my first hatch and now I need to hatch some more![​IMG] If anyone has any of the following breeds, please post her or send me a pm! Thanks!

1. Standard Cochin
    2. Bantam Cochin
    3. Silkies
    4. Polish
    5. Japanese
    6. Old English Game
    7. D'Uccles

I really would love to try to set some eggs and my bator is warming up, so if you can set me up, please do!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  2. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Oh poo, I have three of the breeds you want, but they aren't laying at all now [​IMG]
    If you ever want eggs again, in the spring maybe, let me know. I haveBantam Cochin, Japanese, and D'Uccles.

3. silkieluvr

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Thanks for the reply, I'll contact you this spring. I was hoping to do at least one more hatch this winter, so maybe someone else has something

4. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    I have silkie eggs, these are not show quality, at ALL! Just want you to be aware of that [​IMG] All the breeders have 5 toes and the right comb, but I have been getting some with 4 toes and a triple type comb, only two of them have had vaulted skulls so far. I can get you a dozen, but that's all, only three or four of my girls are laying right now.

$8.00 for a dozen plus any extras I can come up with, you pay shipping-I'll send them COD, so you only pay actual shipping. Packaging will be on me LOL. Let me know and I can get them out on Monday (I have to save up the eggs). I could send you some bantam EE mutt chicken eggs as extras too, if you like.

If this is too high, I will negotiate or send them COD in trade for some eggs sent COD from you next spring, or something, my bators are full right now, and each egg not hatched seems such a waste when it could be a fluffy little ball of cuteness.

Oh, and, fertility has been 100% on my silkies in my own bator, but hatch rate has been between 50-75% not that great. I'm having temp fluctuations and I don't have a hygrometer either, so I'm only guessing at humidity. If you have a bator with all the bells and whistles, you should have much better luck [​IMG]

5. silkieluvr

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    I just pm'd you, and thanks again

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by