Hatching eggs with broken air cells

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 1Chick Magnet, May 10, 2009.

1. 1Chick Magnet

1Chick Magnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I have some eggs with broken air cells from shipping. a few are developing. is there any chance that these will hatch? what has your experience been?

2. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    completely dislodged, none for me ever hatched. The type that are still stuck at the end but move down the side some, hatch a lot of the time.....does that help?

3. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    I managed to hatch 3 out of 18 one time. There were tons of tiny air bubbles but they still developed. I hatched them in an egg carton. 2 white and one splash silkie live to tell the tale. Good luck.

Besides the way I look at it is: you paid for them. You might as well try to hatch them.

4. Dirt Road

Dirt Road Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    Southern Idaho
    There have been several threads on this forum about that. A search should help you at least with the experience and methods of others. Good luck with them.

Jim

5. 1Chick Magnet

1Chick Magnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    New Hampshire
    hi, yes that does help. I got 24 eggs that were manhandled by the post office. 8 are developing. some cells real bad some down 1 or 2 sides. was wondering if they were going to be quitters. not to hijack my own thread but, I have a 1 week old strawberry blonde showgirl with a hugh crest. I am so excited. you know that one is going nowhere!

6. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    well, you should post a pic too [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by