Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by LDR2, Jun 5, 2016.

1. LDR2

LDR2 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 3, 2015
    Edinburg, Tx
    Hi Everyone!

Does anyone on BYC know of any Peafowl breeders that sell hatching eggs. I'm look for pied, white and green. I don't want to take any chances on eBay peafowl eggs.

2. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    Just fair warning since I see you want Green peafowl be very, very careful where you get them from. There are not many breeders that I know of in the US that have and breed Green peafowl. Most of the time they breed high % Spalding. The members you should talk to that own Green peafowl, not sure if they do hatching eggs, are barkerg and Zazouse.

3. LDR2

LDR2 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 3, 2015
    Edinburg, Tx

Thank you!

4. Midnightman14

Midnightman14 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2016
    I would not buy from anyone who is selling "green" eggs.True greens are touchy and most breeders will not sell eggs at all, or even chicks until they are at least a couple weeks old. Many people who breed true greens are also really selective as to who they will sell greens to since there are not as many and the breeders tend to not want to sell to people who want to breed spaldings out of them. I would also highly recommend buying juvenile birds over eggs since eggs are a gamble at best when they are shipped. Hope this helps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by