hatching eggs

jayze

Hatching
Apr 25, 2018
hie guys
Can i use a western TB-7 incubator to hatch chicken eggs till full term or i need a hatcher for the last stage of the process.

Pictures of the bator

Attachments

• 20180427_103419.png
    20180427_103419.png
    665.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20180427_103318.png
    20180427_103318.png
    836.9 KB · Views: 5
Sweet! Thanks for sharing pics.
Is there a way to stop the trays from turning for hatch?
If so I see no problem with using it to hatch the chicks too.

I think some people use a separate hatcher for ease of cleaning. :confused:

@Nyla

I tagged Nyla because she is great with large incubators and may have better advice for you.

You might be able to get away with a hatching tray at the bottom of the turning rack. But it looks like a tight squeeze and any form of chicks are able to jump pretty high, and might get hurt by the turner. If you do decide to put a hatching tray at the bottom, keep in mind how much space your hatching basket has and how many eggs would be able to lay in it space-ish for the hatching to have room. Then mind all that when setting your trays for incubation so you don't over incubate and not have enough room to hatch. Also I suggest making a guard for your hatching basket to keep the hatch-lings inside the tray.

You might be able to get away with a hatching tray at the bottom of the turning rack. But it looks like a tight squeeze and any form of chicks are able to jump pretty high, and might get hurt by the turner. If you do decide to put a hatching tray at the bottom, keep in mind how much space your hatching basket has and how many eggs would be able to lay in it space-ish for the hatching to have room. Then mind all that when setting your trays for incubation so you don't over incubate and not have enough room to hatch. Also I suggest making a guard for your hatching basket to keep the hatch-lings inside the tray.
Thanks!
;)

Back
Top Bottom