1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

hatching eggs????

Discussion in 'Quail' started by sniper338, Jul 27, 2014.

1. sniper338

sniper338 Songster

Dec 15, 2013
    San Antonio, Texas
    I left the house for two days and came back home... got the incubator set up just to turn the eggs until i fill it up... i went ahead and gathered the eggs from the last two days.... no cracks and stuff so i just put em in the incubator to try to hatch....

question is.... do yall think those eggs are ok still since theyve been sitting out in the summer heat at 100 degrees during the last to days and 80s at night?? Or you think they may have started to develop in that heat already and bringing em inside in the cool house will stop em for the next few days...

what u think? Still worth using or should i just collect as soon as they are laid?

2. deserthotwings

deserthotwings Songster

Jul 1, 2011
    Queen Creek AZ
    No, I wouldn't incubate those eggs that have been setting out for 2 days at 100 degrees. If they should happen o hatch you run the risk of some crippled or deformed chicks. Better to use fresh eggs.

3. sniper338

sniper338 Songster

Dec 15, 2013
    San Antonio, Texas
    It just makes me wonder cuz ive heard of people leaving eggs lay for a week or so until collected... ill try it... ill just start the imcubator now and then they will be fine cuz theyve been warm.... a scattered hatch dont bother me... i had a dang good last last week doing it...

4. Dragons4u

Dragons4u Songster

Mar 8, 2014
    Ohio
    They should be fine. Some people pre-incubate for four days to check fertility of eggs before shipping.

5. sniper338

sniper338 Songster

Dec 15, 2013
    San Antonio, Texas
    I thought theyd be ok... i just went ahead and started in incubator just in case.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: