Hatching for Valentine's Day???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CovenantCreek, Jan 25, 2009.

1. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    I just set 40 home grown eggs that should be hatching on the 14th. This will be my largest hatch yet. [​IMG]

2. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    Yes I found a hatching buddy to go with me through this traumatizing time.

[​IMG]

3. Chicken Cluck

Chicken Cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Wow, good luck with the chicks! [​IMG]

4. chickenlover456

chickenlover456 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2009
    Bay Area, CA
    Mine are hatching on Valentines Day too! I think it's just the most amazing thing; the day is all about love, and it gets even better! I've been checking on my 4 RIR eggs every 15 minutes. I can't wait till Valentines Day! Hope they all hatch for you! [​IMG]

5. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I hemmed and hawed on whether or not to set some eggs, but we decided to give it a go! They are due on Valentine's Day or the day after!! I am already thinking of names! Love names! [​IMG]

6. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    Late last night I placed 4 standard-sized eggs each under 3 different broody bantam hens. So I think that means they'll be due to hatch on V-day, or the night before. The hens are setting well on them, so I'll let them worry about the details. Although, judging by the serene glazed expressions on their faces, I don't think they're worried one bit.

7. Bec

We will all have to update periodically! I am going to candle in a few days and see what is going on in there...I am hoping! [​IMG] This is my very first hatch and they are under a broody hen!

8. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    Is it day seven yet [​IMG]

9. Bec

It has been 1 night for me and it seems like forever already! [​IMG] I can't wait to see if they are good or not. I have 5 under her, I guess I will just have to wait!
    We were thinking of names (hubby and I)
    Valentino
    Valentina
    Cupid
    Love Bug
    Herbie (the love bug)
    Romeo
    Juliet (you know, they are romantic and stuff)

10. JanieMarie

JanieMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Georgetown, Minnesota
    Quote:Feels like it and then some!! I just figured it out and day 21 is Valentines Day! [​IMG] How perfect is that! So I set them on Sat afternoon so that makes Sun Day 1 right? I always have trouble wrapping my little brain around figuring this out for some reason. Hello to all you hatching biddies and good luck to all of us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by