hatching friday!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by brian348, Nov 16, 2010.

1. brian348

brian348 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2010
    Drakesboro
    we are in lock down, temp at 100 (still air) and humidity between 60-70%. anything I need to do or change?

2. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    Im going into lockdown tomorrow, and hatching on saturday! hatching budddssss:)

3. josiemare

josiemare Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2010
    In lock down now. Have 10 eggs. Hopefully we will have 10 hatchlings on Thursday or so!

Fingers crossed for all of us!

Hopefully I can sit on my fingers long enough to stay out of the bator....darn this is rough!

4. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I have about 30 eggs due to hatch Friday but they are still in the Sportsman incubator. I have to get the other chicks out of the hatcher (Genesis 1588) today and take them down to the brooder so I can clean it. Then I will set the next eggs in the hatcher later today.

I do not do a lock down at all. I open the hatcher sometimes a few times a day to add water or pull out shells as they are hatching.
    I use the bottom of an egg carton to hatch the eggs in, too. It makes it a bit easier on me and I have noticed the chicks often climb in the empty slots to sit and dry off.

As many eggs as I hatch every week I still get excited to see what will hatch and how many will make it.

5. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Good luck everyone!

The Kinder Major has ten in the box hatched out this morning and we're waiting to see if the last four are going to perform. We'll be moving them to the brooder tonight.

6. brian348

brian348 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2010
    Drakesboro
    day 19 no peeps or pips, should I worry?

7. sloallie10

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    Quote:Nope, Im pretty sure that is ok!

8. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I pulled out the tray of thirty eggs last night and candled them. Twenty eight are going into the hatcher if I get it cleaned today. I put all 28 in a cut down egg carton and set down in the bottom of the Sportsman but I hate for them to hatch there as some always go to the back and I can't reach them. Heathens! That is why I like to put mine in the Genesis.
    I suppose if I would get my tail up from here I could get the Genesis cleaned again for this hatch. One egg waited so long to hatch it put me behind.
    Hope everyone's hatch goes well tomorrow![​IMG]

9. sloallie10

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    If my hatch date is on Saturday, and I have 3 serama eggs in my bator, will they hatch earlier than the other eggs because they are small? I heard that somewhere. [​IMG]

10. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Yes, you should get the little darlings to hatch first but it can depend on humidity in and out, 'bator type and other conditions.
    I can pretty well guarantee my Frizzles and Sizzles will hatch sooner than my standard breeds or even bantam Cochins and one flock in particular hatches first. I always write the roo's name or initial on my eggs and the hen's name or number, if I know it. It helps me keep track of who is doing what kind of job.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by