We had a huge nest of Toulouse eggs. I was lazy and failed to take them in a timely manner. So- I ended up finally removing all the eggs the broody could not cover. Of course all of these eggs had been laid at different times and I had no idea when they were due. I did about 3 weeks worth of turning, misting, cooling....all that jazz. I had a few hatch, a few go bad, and a bunch looked ready but no pips. I put the remaining eggs in the hovabator on the turner. Big end up. With chicken eggs. No humidity, no cooling, no misting. Over the next week or so they all hatched! DRY and IN THE TURNERS! And all on different days Sometimes you get the best results when you just don't worry about it.