Hatching goose eggs...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DulcyDoll, May 12, 2009.

1. DulcyDoll

DulcyDoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Has anyone hatched goose eggs and chicken/guinea/quail eggs together before?
    If so, how did you work out the cooling and spraying?

2. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    I guess you would have to pull the goose eggs out for the allotted time then return them to the incubator. The least intrusive way I can think of. Happy hatching. I am just on day one with my goose eggs. [​IMG]

3. Bricheze

Bricheze Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2008
    I tried once, didn't work out to well... they are hard to hatch. Well for me at least.

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Waterfowl eggs should have higher humidity than chickens, as should quail, though not quite as high as waterfowl. If you can't set them seperately, you are wasting your money.

5. adrian

adrian Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Regina, SK
    I've incubated some goose eggs before, but only a small batch. Hatched two out of three eggs. I've now set a lot of eggs, and I'll keep everyone updated on their progress. I hope I do well. I seem to have good results in my incubator.

6. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    I have had chicken, duck, geese, turkey, quail, pheasant and guinea eggs in the same bator at the same time and I had good hatches. I did the dry hatch where I did NOT add any water to the bator. I never misted or cooled the water fowl eggs either and still had good hatches. I think alot has to do with where you are and how good the bator is. Just cause it worked well for me dont mean it will for another. Good luck................ed

7. DulcyDoll

DulcyDoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    I'm having some guinea eggs shipped to me, and have the oppurtunity to get goose eggs $1 a piece (I'm getting 5)...

I'll try and let yall know how it goes.. (cross your fingers for me lol)

8. gwennym

gwennym Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2008
    Edwardsville, IL
    I did 6 goose eggs (got 2 goslings) with over 15 chicken eggs (got 2 chicks) --- I think the higher humidity drowned the chicks, as many were fully formed but dead in the eggs. I think I'd go by shellyd2008's advice -- do them separately.

Gwen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by