hatching help needed Please

Sher

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 3, 2010
Roscoe, Texas
Can someone help me please? All day yesterday, my FIRST chick ever started to hatch. Little by little pieces of the shell would crack and pop off. Last night, about midnight, I saw the egg rocking a little. This morning, no chick, but there are more pieces of shell cracked and lifting off, but nomovement. Should I help it? How would I do it? How much is too much help? Thank you

Sher Morrow

It was just nap time. Soon......
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
Happy hatching.
yippiechickie.gif

Oh I hope so. My first incubator full didn't make it, I had hopes for my second try. None of the others have pipped yet. Thanks so much, I'm such a nervous chick mamma! I'll try to be patient and let it rest.

Sher

I have a chick! I think it is a Black Astrolorp. IT is sitting on the end piece of the shell with the breed written on it. I am so thrilled!

Sher

yea!!!! It is so exciting to watch them hatch, but so nerve-wracking at the same time. Congrats on your first little chick!

THanks! it was exciting. I thought I would go crazy, i was sure it needed my help! I am exhausted. I hope another hatches, but nothing is going on. The chick is resting, seems to have gotten control of it's head. I am trying not to check every few minutes so it can rest. I don't remember being this tired after I had my own chick! Thanks for all your help. What an amazing experience. I think I'm hooked.....

Sher 1 Bearded Collie, 4 calves, 1 16 year old cat and 1 baby chick!
ya.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
love.gif
jumpy.gif

Mine would pip a little hole in the shell and then rest for a few hours. When they finally decided it was time they zipped and were out within 10 minutes or so. Hatching is a waiting game for sure!

This little one pipped yesterday morning about 3 am. It then proceeded to torture me all day yesterday and most of today. I'm glad it is over, but my, I wouldn't mine if another one started so we could do it again..I am still in the "awesome" stage. Can't believe it worked...
bow.gif

Sher

Back
Top Bottom