Hatching help please

KKarkansas

Hatching
May 2, 2017
I decided to try to raise some turkeys and need help. My slate turkeys eggs were put in the incubator and are now starting to pip. But this is as far as they can get. Only one has tried to zip. It later died.some died in the pipped shell. I tried to help one after a few days and it died. So far 5 have died. 2 pipped externally over 24 hours ago, still No zipping yet. Temperature stays at 99 and humidity around 45 to 50. Why will they not zip? I don't want To lose them all. I'm devastated. The little things just die in the pipped shell. Can anyone help?

I decided to try to raise some turkeys and need help. My slate turkeys eggs were put in the incubator and are now starting to pip. But this is as far as they can get. Only one has tried to zip. It later died.some died in the pipped shell. I tried to help one after a few days and it died. So far 5 have died. 2 pipped externally over 24 hours ago, still No zipping yet. Temperature stays at 99 and humidity around 45 to 50. Why will they not zip? I don't want To lose them all. I'm devastated. The little things just die in the pipped shell. Can anyone help?

Your humidity is too low. They are shrink wrapping and can't finish zipping. It is probably too late but for lockdown you should have at least 70% humidity.

Take a wet paper towel and wrap around the pipped eggs (edges) to keep it moist and humid, mist the eggs, and if you have to help only remove pieces of the hard outer shell, never try to remove the soft inner shell .

Back
Top Bottom