Hatching help please

stuart660

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 3, 2014
Hello I have had two hens sitting in the same box on top of 12 eggs, I have had one chick so far as they were due yesterday but the chick has came on to the floor and so have the two hens, will they return to the other 11 eggs or will I have to incubate. The eggs have been left without the hen for about 30 minutes any help would be appreciated thank you

I had some broody hens one year and a similar problem happened. I would separate the hens into to different boxes and giving both of them some eggs. Once more hatch (if they do) you should pick one hen to take care of the chicks and then give the rest of the eggs to the other one to hatch. Hope your eggs hatch alright!

Should I put the other hen that is taking more to do with the chick in another pen? The other hen goes back onto eggs but only for short periods of time

How are the chicks and the eggs doing?? You should put them in separate pens if one won't stay on the eggs. What happened with us was one had three chicks and the other hen had some eggs but she would get of her eggs and try to sit on the chicks, that got the other broody upset.
tongue.png
Hope everything is alright!!!

I lost a chick yesterday but still have 4 left, I have one hen with one chick and another hen with 3, I had the two hens separated but tried to introduce the two hens together but they started to fight, there separated again now but I was wondering if I should remove the chicks to a brooder inside my house as the weather here in Scotland is getting to the minuses

Back
Top Bottom