Hatching Khaki Campbells

kychilds7

In the Brooder
Nov 11, 2015
Hereford, Maryland
how long does it take after the internal pip for them to externally pip? i lost a duckling yesterday and i am pretty sure it was due to the membrane shrinkwrapping around it but this one internally pipped last night at around 10pm. i still cant see its full bill but i can hear it peeping up a storm in there but no progress has been made whatsoever today and i am getting anxious because of what happened yesterday

Be prepared to wait 24-36 hours with ducks. What is your humidity at? I keep mine about 85%+ for waterfowl at hatch, its extremely crucial. Refrain from opening the incubator too much as well, it dries the membranes rapidly!

at first i was trying to hatch chickens... i didnt even know my duck laid eggs but i guess she was and they were just getting mixed in!! my humidity is usually at 60%, i didnt realize that i had ducklings forming until 2 weeks after their development. i added 7 more after that so i have some that are about to hatch and some that are only 2 weeks developed. im learning as i go along, this is a very difficult process!!

Ducks are very difficult. I hate... I repeat hate, hatching ducks. There is a fine balance between their membranes drying too fast and them drowning. Its a learning curve, I often add damp sponges to my incubator when hatching ducks.

Back
Top Bottom