Hatching Muscovy ducks

DrChickenKev

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 5, 2011
Hi all,

We have 5 Muscovy duck eggs (started with 10) in the incubator and due to start a three-day lock down on Saturday as day 35 will be on Monday.

However, just noticed one egg with a couple of dents in the egg, looks like pipping from the inside.

Question is do I lock down now? Will the other eggs be ok? Or do I leave it 12/24 hrs to see if it progresses.

My concern in locking down too early is that I might harm the other ducklings???

Any advice very gratefully received as this is our first time hatching with an incubator

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the swift reply, much appreciated.

Divider removed, water levels topped up according to instructions... and put some paper towel in the bottom so they dont slip

Nerve racking now!!! Dare I say I'm sure I heard a little chirping????

I'll let you know how the little fellas (felleses??) get on...

Don't open that lid even a smidge now.
lol.png
let the humidity stay up and the ducks hatch. They can take a very long time from pip to zip to hatch. They rest very often during the hatch process too, so it could be Saturday before you start seeing thm, or could be sooner. They are fine to stay in the bator while the rest hatch out. Better to leave thm than lower the humidity.

Promise I havent touched it... first little duckling made her way out about an hour ago...

Still tired and wobbly, but is trying to help the other eggs... hope they're all ok...

1 down, 4 to go..

Quote:
your gonna love it.
smile.png

I bet i took one look at mine when i first got them and just uh couldnt amagin not having duckies they are so cute!!! i was very disappointed i dont have a drake!!!
i say it every chance i get UHG NO DRAKE!!! WHAT!!!! lol

Quote:
your gonna love it.
smile.png

I bet i took one look at mine when i first got them and just uh couldnt amagin not having duckies they are so cute!!! i was very disappointed i dont have a drake!!!
i say it every chance i get UHG NO DRAKE!!! WHAT!!!! lol

I have some I can send ya.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom