1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatching newbie!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Dark Angel, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Dark Angel

Dark Angel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2016
    Hi all, I soon will be hatching my own duck eggs. Hubby brought me a Little Gaint incubator 9300. No fan, or egg turner. I have researched ways to add a fan, and pretty sure I can. I'm at home alot, so turning the days is not problem. Heard there is a manuel turner you can make to reduce loss or heat, and humdity. No I can't upgrade, lol. I'm just happy yo have what I was given. Any adivce would be much appreciated! Thanks, Good bless.

2. FoodFreedomNow

FoodFreedomNow Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds like you're about to embark on an exciting hatching journey! I hatch my own duck eggs (Muscovy), too, and my personal preference is to hand turn the eggs (3 times a day), and mist and cool. I think these methods more closely mimic how a broody incubates her eggs, and I've had good results doing them. Here's a thread discussing it: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/550093/misting-and-cooling-duck-hatching-eggs.

If you haven't already, I'd get another thermometer and hygrometer so you can verify if the digital readings on the incubator are correct - you don't want any surprises there.

Best wishes for a good hatch...come back and update us on how it goes. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Dark Angel

Dark Angel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2016
    Is there a video that can tell me the propervway to rotate the eggs? Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by