1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatching orpington bantams

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bantams321, Dec 27, 2013.

1. bantams321

bantams321 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2013
    I have 12 eggs in our incubator they are chocolate bantam orpingtons. They have developed normally and then stopped. Only two are still developing it is the 15th day and those two have filled the entire shell when we candle and the other ones are still black clumps on one side of the egg and we cant see them moving when we candled as we could before. I have read places bantams and orpingtons are harder to hatch is this true? Any suggestions for future hatchings?

2. ChickenAndMore

ChickenAndMore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2012
    Texas
    I have never heard of them being harder to hatch. In my experiences bantams are easier to hatch but I don't have much experience with Orpingtons. Have you been turning the eggs 3+ times a day, one time my egg turner stopped working and I had dark spots clumped to the sides.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by