Hatching out BCM and Birchen Marans on Saturday May 15th

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dave27889, May 12, 2010.

1. I like the old Fashion type

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I like the Production type RIR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't really care.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I like the Production type RIR because of more eggs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I like the old fashion type RIR becase of color & body

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I like a different type of chicken

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dave27889

dave27889 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Washington, NC
    Have not written much lately. I have 24 BCM and 24 Birchen Marans in the incubator ready to hatch on May 15th. Kinda excited and hope things go well. When I got the eggs I was told they were a little old but had been kept cool and rotated just like at incubation. I did not want to get but so excited about them but as the hatch date gets near I can't help it.
    I also have RIR eggs comeing from Pine Grove ( William). He has some of the best looking RIRs I have ever seen. I have always liked RIRs but all we have mainly around here are mixed with production RIRs. I just got 24 RIRs from a man from Virginia. He has some show birds and I was lucky to get eggs from him also. William's birds still look better than his. I am trying to get a very nice RIR from all these eggs and then raise some to maybe show around the eastern part of the state.
    I will try to do a little write up when I start to incubate the RIRs. I just hope that the ones from William are okay in the mail. I have had kinda bad luck with shipped eggs this year. Good hatching to all. Later, dave

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    [​IMG]

3. dave27889

Apr 27, 2007
    Washington, NC
    gamebirdsonly where have you been? I have not seen a posting from you in a while. You okay? Hope things are going well. I went to anuction last week and they had some welsummer eggs and I thought about you. Like I said I had not seen a post from you or anything for sale from you. take care and thanks for the little Smiley face. Later, Dave

4. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Wow, 75% like the old fashioned type like me, lol.

Soooo are your chickens hatching on Friday, May 14th, or Saturday, may 15th?

5. dave27889

Apr 27, 2007
    Washington, NC
    They will hatch on Saturday May 15th. Thanks for the correction.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by