hatching quail

gabrielle1976

Crowing
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Columbia river gorge
Ok so I have some quail eggs on day 17 and I have 2 that I can see that have tiny pips in them , They were piped last night around 10pm when I checked the bator and are the same this morning,
Are they like chicken eggs and take up to a day to do anything after pipping?
My humidity wont go over about 57% and I have a straw in on of the resevors for adding water and its full and leading to a sponge which I am keeping damp, is this ok humidity or should I risk cracking the bator to add a second sponge .?

12 hours with a couple pips , if this were chicken I woudnt be worried yet but Im not shure aobut quail ?
I have 2 more pips now, one is partially obscured by a little wax , its and egg I had to fix , the chick will be able to get out thru wax wont it?
I got my humidty up to 61% by putting one of the red plugs back in , is this ok to have one plug in and the hole of the other slighty obscured by a starw?

pop.gif

caf.gif

hide.gif

I hatched out 21 chicks a month ago . Both of my plugs were pulled, the chicks started pipping around 1 a.m. and 17 weren't born till between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. that night( day 17) and 3 weren't born till between 8a.m. and 9 a.m. the next day.( day 18) Hang in there and BEST OF LUCK!

Back
Top Bottom