Hatching question please =)

silkypie

Songster
10 Years
Aug 17, 2009
Plant City, FL
I have a silky that just hatched out of the egg. How long do I wait to take her out if the other eggs aren't hatched yet? I see 2 pipping but she is the only one.

She is kinda clumsy too, is this normal? I would image it would be.

Is the temp being at 100 still ok for her? I don't want her to get too hot in there.

DH says she's ugly, I told him that he would be ugly too if he just broke his way through a shell.

1 chick out!!! I am SO excited!!!

They can stay in the incubator for a day or longer...best NOT to open it during hatch. It's super important to keep humidity steady through hatch.

Congrats on your new little one! DH will find her beautiful once she's all fluffed out, I'm sure!!
smile.png

Give her some time to gather her strength from hatching. They sleep A LOT during the first couple of days, so don't worry too much about that.

If she's truly "stuck" to something you may need to quickly reach in and move her.

Try not to open the bator. You will ruin the rest of the hatch. She will be clumsy. She will be okay for 48 hours. That will give the others time to hatch and her being in the bator will stimulate the others to hatch!!!!!
fl.gif

Thank you! I did open a window today to fill up the sponge b/c the humidity was decreasing. One was pipping at that point but has stopped ever since then
sad.png

Should I just let the humidity drop?

sorry for that, that is why ability to fill water from outside is really important during incubation. you should renovate the bator if it's homade, with bough/branded bator i don't know.

hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom