hatching rate

seramaman

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 7, 2011
does any body have a100% hatch rate cause i do somebody told me that it was an acomplishment

congrats!
big_smile.png

Great work! Try to make your self some notes on how you handled the Incubation from start to finish. I am on my 4th incubation and making notes as I go. The first time I was given some eggs and didn't know their handling before they reached me. Even with very careful incubation, I only had 50%. The next time the eggs came from my girls and boys. With careful handling, I got 73%. I am a teacher. One of the other teachers wanted to do a life cycle unit and asked if I would be willing to let them hatch a few eggs. Out of 16 fertilized eggs only one lived (not happy). I think they were handled too much and temp/humidity weren't monitored like at home. This time around It looks like we are track for 80-90%.

All that said-- you learn as you go and since you started off on the "right foot" with 100% make sure to note what you did; because if you don't hatch again until next year you may forget some of the special things you did to get such a phenomenal hatch rate!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom