Hatching right now

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by matt1898, Jan 28, 2014.

1. matt1898

matt1898 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2013
    Broadway, NC
    I decided to make a new thread concerning these guys. My gf was joking about them hatching in the middle of this snow storm....and guess what I find when I get home. lol.

4 have pipped/zip whatever you call it, and all of those eggs are wiggling around like mad. One chick even has her beak poking out just a tad. However, the humidity in the house has been all over the place due to the snow and wood heat that we are using.

I have an old hygrometer that is saying it is around 60%, but I'm not sure how reliable that is. There is very little water left in thetrays of the bator. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My concern is i see the membrane has gone a little white, so I'm worried about them getting dried out. I know this is way early in the hatching process and the chicks seem to be really active and strong. What do ya'll think?

2. matt1898

Jan 24, 2013
    Broadway, NC
    Since I took these pics, they are making more progress. One of the wyandottes wants out right now!

1 person likes this.
  3. Nana D

Nana D Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2014
    This is so cool.. Thanks for the pics, and sharing your experience.. [​IMG]

4. matt1898

Jan 24, 2013
    Broadway, NC
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Nana D

Jan 22, 2014
    More pics please.. Can't wait to see them all..

6. matt1898

Jan 24, 2013
    Broadway, NC
    I will post more once I've moved them all into the brooder and they are up and moving. The incubator looks like a big mess at the moment. Lots of blood from that one chick. :(

7. Nana D

Jan 22, 2014
    Looking forward to seeing your baby pictures.
    I am still waiting on my rooster to work his charm with the girls. He has been with us over a month now and nothing, he wont even crow anymore.He was a free range rooster, so being in a cage is going to take some time for him to adjust to. I put 3 eggs in the incubator, waited and candled them a week later, Nothing.
    I miss raising peeps.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by