Hatching Roadside Stand Eggs UPDATED ***PICS ON PAGE 2****

R3Rugrats

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 5, 2008
Maine
So... I was out of eggs one day.. and instead of going to the store, picked up 2 dozen eggs from a roadside stand. While I was carrying them back to my car, I heard a rooster crow... Oh boy... I got so excited... heart pounding.. I can try to hatch these babies...
wee.gif
.. My bator was empty, why not... So out of 24, 10 were viable on day 18.. I'm on day 21 and one is hatching.. very exciting... I have no idea what they are, but it'll be fun... I'll post pictures so everyone can guess what they are...

Last edited:
COOL! I have thought of doing that just for fun to see what I would get! I was going to hatch some of my egg lady's eggs but now she told me her hubby butchered her only two roos...they were fighting and getting very mean
sad.png
She took a new baby blue roo from me and she is looking forward to hearing those crows again. She said it 's way to quiet now! lol
Can't wait to see pics of your mystery chicks! It will be fun guessing what they are!

lau.gif
Nope.. No eggs that night.. This will be fun, I couldn't see the chickens or the rooster from the road, I could just hear them... So.. we'll see. There are brown eggs, white eggs, tiny ones and large ones.. Quite the mixture.

I have wondered about doing this too. But then I thought, if those eggs were ever put in the refrigerator, won't their fertility be ruined? Does anyone know about this?
hu.gif

Good luck with your experiment!

I'm not sure if it'll ruin the fertile eggs, thats a really good question I hope someone answers it, I'd like to know.

One hatched
jumpy.gif
its yellow and black stripes, I guess. And another one's cracked... so exciting.

I had some one take some of my silkie eggs that was in the frige to see if they would still hatch and they did. She said all but 1 hatched and is doing great so it can be done.
Chris

Back
Top Bottom