Hatching runner eggs?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TLWR, Mar 10, 2012.

1. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    It seems like we will be doing mostly chicken eggs, but does anybody have any runner eggs for hatching - like a handful.. 5-6 eggs? I would still like to try hatching out some ducks and I'm pretty sure the guy at the feed store will take extras after I take 2 and another teacher takes 2.
    We aren't quite ready, still planning, but I don't want to order a crap ton of duck eggs and would rather just be able to get a few instead.
    Thanks!

2. FarmrGirl

FarmrGirl MooseMistress

Jul 1, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    I'll have some later this month... everyone goes into their breeding pens this week. Then I wait 2 weeks to be sure their bred true. Just let me know when you're ready.

3. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    We are getting closer to ready. Waiting for the office to send the school a check to cover the cost of the incubator. Pick that up and get it running for a week and then we'll be good to go.
    I'm thinking we'll need to set eggs on a Wednesday so there is a better chance we'll be able to catch the hatch if they go early or late. So we may be shooting for setting on the 28th. Will you have some ready by then? If not, we can wait longer.
    Just let me know what you need from me (payment for eggs/shipping/etc).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by