Hatching Sebastopols - How many average days of incubation?

CluckNDoodle

Hatchaholic
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 12, 2019
Georgia
I'm so excited! I'll be picking up Sebastopol goose hatching eggs tomorrow! :celebrate

I've hatched geese before, but I know the days of incubation can vary quite a lot depending on breed. Does anyone happen to know what the average number of days til hatch are for Sebastopols so I know when to put them on lockdown? Thanks a bunch!

"The actual period of incubation of goose eggs varies slightly with the breed. Some eggs from the lighter breeds may start pipping after 28 days, while eggs from the larger breeds may take 35 days. It may take up to 3 days for hatching to be completed"

https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/animals-...nd-birds/species/geese-raising/egg-production
Since Sebastopols are a medium weight breed I guess go in the middle, I would determine the lockdown stage by the air sac development. Make sure to take some pictures when they hatch!

"The actual period of incubation of goose eggs varies slightly with the breed. Some eggs from the lighter breeds may start pipping after 28 days, while eggs from the larger breeds may take 35 days. It may take up to 3 days for hatching to be completed"

https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/animals-...nd-birds/species/geese-raising/egg-production
Since Sebastopols are a medium weight breed I guess go in the middle, I would determine the lockdown stage by the air sac development. Make sure to take some pictures when they hatch!

Thanks! Will do! :love

I let my geese set and hatch their eggs, then I take the goslings. I couldn't say for sure how many days because I don't keep track of the day she started setting. But its obvious the day they do hatch. The male guards the door aggressively. I know as soon as I go out there that there are new gosling in that house. I would estimate 30-32 days if I had to guess.

I let my geese set and hatch their eggs, then I take the goslings. I couldn't say for sure how many days because I don't keep track of the day she started setting. But its obvious the day they do hatch. The male guards the door aggressively. I know as soon as I go out there that there are new gosling in that house. I would estimate 30-32 days if I had to guess.

Thank you! I'll plan on putting them on lockdown on day 27-28 then. That should be safe regardless of hatch day.

Back
Top Bottom