1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatching shipped eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by renovationmom, Mar 28, 2011.

1. renovationmom

renovationmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2011
    Texas Hill Country
    I just received my hatching eggs via USPS. I have read the hatch rates can be lower due to handling in the mail. Can anyone give me advise to make my hatch rates better? I am using a still air little giant incubator, and turning the eggs myself. I have had a very good rate of hatch, no hatching issues and no deaths, so far. Thank you in advance for your advise! Tammy

2. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Be sure all the eggs are pointy end down, and let them rest 24 hours before beginning incubation.

3. youngbiddy

youngbiddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    North Carolina
    I got a 66% hatch rate out of shipped eggs with an LG that I put a fan and a turner in. I let the eggs rest for 8 hours and when I put them in I didn't plug the turner in till the end of the second day. All of my air cells attached just fine, I didn't have any floaters.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by