hatching store bought eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by player1, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. player1

player1 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2008
    my parents bout these chicken eggs thathave been incubated for about 10 days...to eat...thats gross but anyway...if i take some and continue uncubating them, do u think they'll hatch??

when they were being boiled u can see them moving, (cruel asian..)

so u think its possible that they will hatch?

2. Jessika

Jessika Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Eagle Creek, OR
    I don't know. Interesting question. I guess it would depend on how long they were "out" of the incubator for. But then again I am only guessing. I am curious the answer to this also. [​IMG]

3. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Store bought eggs will not be fertile!!!! those eggs are from hens without rooster.

Try something new.

[​IMG]:lau

4. Jessika

Jessika Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Eagle Creek, OR
    lol....some eat them with a partial live chick in them (delicacy I guess it is called). Thought maybe still warm. [​IMG]

5. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    Sounds like your parents were making balut . . . as long as the ones you are trying to incubate weren't boiled, I'd go ahead and see if you could hatch them. If they were already boiled, the eggs are more than likely dead, and you would do better to try some fresher eggs. Good luck!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  6. player1

Sep 3, 2008
    wats deerman on about??

THEY ARE FERTILIZED EGGS!

7. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    That is so sick! I googled pics of balut, and I gotta say that's one of the sickest things I've seen....
    (I guess the Filipinos do the balut, the chinese do the really old eggs.....)
    Question: what about the feathers? When ppl eat balut, the duckling is incubated enough to have feathers and down....do people just eat all of it?

8. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    Yes, they do eat all of it. Some consider it an aphrodisiac.

9. player1

Sep 3, 2008
    takes no offense, i think its gross to, but im legally an australian so i do my own thing, my parents on the other hand are still asian i guees

when they force me to eat it i just eat the yolk surrounding the chick, nothign else

and sometimes, when i got the guts, i disect the chick, and i can see the heart and everything, but usually i just give the chick to my dad, which he swallows :eek:

the down/feathers is like stringy meat and u dnt know its down until it falls apart a bit

10. warhorse

warhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    Quote:Did you even read the post? The eggs are fertile and 10 days incubated.

My guess would be that after removing from the incubator for a period of time, they would be dead, but I guess it depends on how they are handled and stored, etc. If "room temperature" was close to incubation temperature... maybe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by