Hatching support group needed.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by buckeye lady, Feb 19, 2009.

1. buckeye lady

buckeye lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Rootstown Ohio
    This hatching business makes me anxious! I have 9 silkie/showgirls egg in the hovabator. It's day 22...[​IMG], I candled days 0-18 and they looked great on day 18. Stopped turning on day 18 and increadsed humidity to 70%. Temp in bator is 99-100, Humidity is 70%,water wiggler is 99.5. most of the eggs have tipped a bit small end down but no peeps or pips. I have not opened the bator except once yesterday to add warm water. I set them January 28th at 6:00PM. What's happening?????

2. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

All of my silkies would wait until day 22 to hatch. They will be fine. You are doing the right thing by not opening the bator. Hang in there! [​IMG]

3. buckeye lady

Sep 29, 2008
    Rootstown Ohio
    DH said he heard peeping this AM. I heard some peeping around 5:00PM. They're quite now. I put my brooder with 3 week old chics next to the bator, I thought their peeping might encourage the hatch.

4. Chickapooh23

Chickapooh23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    Corning OH
    [​IMG] I am anxious and I am only on day 11. Hang in there, if they are peeping it's a good sign. I am sending you a hug from SE Ohio. Good luck.

5. HappyHatch'en

HappyHatch'en Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    Reading this thread makes me anxious as well for you, how do you keep from looking? I'm positive by now you are looking at baby chick's.
    I can't wait to be in your shoes soon.
    HappyHatch'en - Georgia:)

6. buckeye lady

Sep 29, 2008
    Rootstown Ohio
    AHHHHHHH!
    Day 23!! Peeps but no pips!!! Temp is 100, humidity is 73%!!!! Come out babies!!!!!

7. HappyHatch'en

HappyHatch'en Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    Come On Baby's....you can do it!!!! Come to Momma!!!
    Keep talking to them buckeye lady.

Happy Hatch'en

8. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

[​IMG] [​IMG] come on out you little dudes. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Have you tried putting a table lamp on the table beside the incubator, make them think it is daytime and time to come out!

9. buckeye lady

Sep 29, 2008
    Rootstown Ohio
    Bator is under a light in the kitchen and near a window. My 3 week old chicks are singing next to the bator. I'm even clucking at the eggs![​IMG]

10. RonnieAtkeson

RonnieAtkeson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2008
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    Quote:You cant call them ALL little dudes, your gonna give the pullets a complection and having them crowing and what not.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by