Hatching Turkey Poults????

CoopedChik

Chirping
8 Years
May 24, 2011
Louisville Kentucky
Last summer I had the impulse buy of a Turkey Poult when I went to buy chick feed. Any way I brought the little guy home and he quickly bonded to my husband and become his pet. He completely loved that little turkey but sadly we lost him this winter in a little freak accident. My husband is very sad I know another turkey can't replace his pet but I do know he would love some new turkeys. So for his birthday I was thinking of hatching out some baby turkeys. And I was wondering if this type of incubator:

93284_incubator-720442.jpg

Would get the job done for turkey eggs???? Also I would like some information on turkey incubation because I've only hatched out quail, chickens and ducklings. Nothing more.

as for hatching requirements, I can't help you there. but the hovabator is a good all-round incubator. I DO recommend adding a fan at the least though to circulate the air inside. that'll keep temperatures more stable and you won't have hot spots like still air ones are prone to. also adding an auto turner is a good idea unless you can remember to turn the eggs regularly. 3+ times a day...

I'd like to know if they have any special requirements myself, as I'm hoping to get some eggs this spring/summer.

I have several 'bators quite alot like that one... mine are not forced air- but i wish they were.. Can't decide if it'd be better to invest in a fan- or just buy a new setup different style.

It will work but by the time you get a fan and an autoturner, you could find a good, used GQF on craigslist. Search your area for one. This is a good time to find one.

I used Hovabators last year for chickens and turkeys. The turkey bator dodn't have a fan or a turner, and I hatched about 87% of the eggs. You just have to turn them by hand. I also added a wet sponge to help keep the humidity up. The only problem I had was temperature control in the basement. I had to run the furnace in the basement to keep the basement air temperatuer constant, which kept the incubator temp constant. Other incubators may work better, but Hovabators certaily work ell enough.

Back
Top Bottom