Hatching update day 0! Used 16 refrigerated eggs!

sticks22

Songster
11 Years
Aug 5, 2008
Grove, oklahoma
I just recieved my new r-com 20 pro incubator an I decided to use 16 eggs that I had in my refridgerator and I saw a black spots in all of the eggs! 4 of the eggs were from the days laying hens and they also have black spots in them too! Ill candle again at day 14 and see if any of them are still growing.
Im not getting my hopes up too high because Im kinda experimenting.
Have any of you all incubated fridge eggs before?

Update:

I have 2 chicks that hatched 2day and 5 more ready to break free in the next several hours! I hear alot of pipping and my dogs are driving me nuts with their barking at the incubator! As far as I can tell they All are going to hatch!

Last edited:
Shipped some to Alaska that were refigerated. Four day transit time, two crushed along with heavy damage to box and out of the 10 that were left two hatched and are doing great.

The first 4 eggs I tried to hatch were refrigerated - I was only getting one egg a day. But they made it to about 8 days but then died. I don't know why tho but I don't think it was the refrigeration.

I've got 3 lil proofs in the pudding at this moment. I never would've believed that refrigerated eggs would hatch! My lil bantum hen went broody and the only eggs I had were in the frig. They had been in there at least a week. So I gave her 4 of them and 3 hatched last week. Healthy and happy! They are the sweetest lil things. I guess it's no different than refrigerated sperm etc.

I shipped some silkie eggs from AK to MD that had been in the refrigerator for up to a week and at least one that I know of hatched...
wink.png

I got NNBreeder's eggs...
big_smile.png

*edited because it's late and I can't type!*

Last edited:
I'm kind of confused. The OP says on 9/23 they got their R Com and set refrigerated eggs, then in the same post that they see black spots?????

Now on 10/8 they are hatching
idunno.gif

I think I am missing something?????

Back
Top Bottom