I just finished a small but precious hatch in my Eco, and wanted to try the "egg carton" method in the incubator. I didn't want to use egg cartons, though, because I worried about changing the humidity or offgassing. So based on an offhand mention in one of the threads here, I just kept them in the metal rails. On day 18 I filled the wells and put in two new sponges. I candled from the top (just put the flashlight on each egg as they were standing there) and swiveled eggs so the larger end of the air sack faced forward. It worked BEAUTIFULLY. They all pipped right where they were supposed to (the bottom of the large end of the air sack), so I didn't have any freak-outs about whether an egg was pipping from the bottom. They all zipped really fast. They'd pop the top of the egg, and then jump out over the rail into an empty slot. They didn't knock the other eggs around and I could watch the progress of each one. Every six hours I'd grab whatever babies were ready and put them in the brooder and add more hot water to the sponges. I never lost humidity. Nothing like getting an 8/8 hatch of fat vigorous babies on BLRWs to convince you that a method is worth it!