Hatching Wannabe

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by crzychicken, Aug 26, 2008.

1. crzychicken

crzychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Hi all, I'm thinking on getting a incubator a small one. Which one is best ? I do want one that's does it all? My son wants to hatch some chicks in April 09 and this will make a great X-mas gift.

Thanks
    Crzychicken
    jody

2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Whatever you do, don't waste $ on a chic-bator, the one that is dome shaped and holds 3 eggs.

They are junk.

3. Riocotesei

Riocotesei Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2008
    N.Texas
    Most here suggest A hovabator Genesis. It holds up to 46 eggs. There are still air and fanned ones availible. There is also a brand called Little Giant that you could probably find at any feed store. In my area tractor supply has them for the cheapest. $41.
    I suggest you do reasearch on the two brands and that will help you decide.
    Good Luck!

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I agree with the other two. Stay away from the little chickobator and the hovabator is awesome! Love mine!

5. crzychicken

Jun 24, 2008
    Ok Thanks. I have no idea which one to get. I have never hatched eggs before
    and I'm new to chickens I have 5 -13 week olds and 25 -2 week old chicks. We just built a small coop for the 2week olds 5x6 and I have a 10x12 for when I can put them all together the 5 -13wk old are i n a old rabbit coop for now. they will share a run 150'X150' and it will be divided for a while or until they check out one another and get acquainted.
    We just got addicted to chickens my son has enjoyed the whole experience.

6. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    yup the genesis 1588 hova bator is great and a good price for a good deal and great people may i suggest home and barn basics they are one the byc sponsors and plus they give u a 5% discount just for being a byc member they are great people to hope this helps

7. crzychicken

Jun 24, 2008
    Thank you, thank you. I went and looked at that website. I will be getting a hova-bator, looks like it's easy for my son to use he'll love it.
    Crzychicken

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by