hatching

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Akane, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    The first eggs from my own flock just pipped. There's 2 little black tailed buff japanese bantam eggs in there. They are a day early so I'm not expecting them to hatch too quickly. I moved my button quail cam over there so I can watch them from class.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/button-quail

2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Come on chicks, [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I'd watch em but my stupid firewall thing wont let me i've tried [​IMG]

4. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    ooo lots of movement with your botton quail webcam!!! [​IMG]

5. lickskillet

lickskillet *Home of the Shoveler*

Jan 16, 2009
    Kentucky
    THANK YOU FOR THIS!![​IMG] I just happend to stumble across this post, and went to your tv site and sat there and watched LIVE the first quail come out of that shell! I had just been watching for 5 minutes, that's all!!! JUST AMAZING!!! I've never seen HATCHING in action! Cute quail! Congrats!!! I still can't get over it! [​IMG]

(edited for misreading)LOL
    I know, not QUAIL but BANTY'S[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  6. lickskillet

Jan 16, 2009
    Kentucky
    I can't see the other egg as well, does it have a pip? I wish the second egg was in the same position or place as the first one. (So I could watch that one too)[​IMG]

7. Akane

Jun 15, 2008
    Either the cam or the computer I was using at class froze when the first one pipped. I opened it again at 7 and around 7:15 (central time here) the first one rolled back on camera before finishing pushing out of it's egg. I don't see pips on the 2nd one. I'll reposition the camera for tonight in case it does hatch.

8. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    YAY i was able to see the lil yellow chickieee

9. lickskillet

Jan 16, 2009
    Kentucky
    Thank you for being generous enough to take time out of your day so us (me) newbs, can learn as much as we can and what to look out for when our eggies start to hatch![​IMG] P.S. (I need all the help I can get)[​IMG] Thanks again![​IMG] Jen

10. Akane

Jun 15, 2008
    The other chick didn't make it. Never even pipped the membrane. I actually think it died before it got the chance. The egg smelled rather rotten. I did candle them both alive on day 18 though and the other one hatched on day 20 yesterday. It must have been in bad shape then and died shortly after. I put the lone chick in with the few day old button chicks and it's quiet. Camera is back on my older buttons until I find a better way to attach it to the small brooder with the babies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by