Hatching!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics

Fisherlmiranda

Songster
Feb 25, 2018
Morrow, Ohio
I've had a heck of a time incubating! I started with 10 eggs and they dropped like flies till 3 were left. But one has hatched. The other two I'm having to assist because they were trying to pip in the wrong place, I'm using this thread to guide me https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/ I'm on day 31 for Welsh Harlequin eggs and I'm determined for these other 2 to make it!. I believe this first ones a Silver Male based on bill and down color.
20180524_221724.jpg

I've had ducklings, that I bought from the store before. So I know what to do with them in the brooder. And I know you leave them in the incubator for 24hr after hatching. But is there anything in between the two? Like do they need vitamins or anything special?

I hatch too. The pip holes don't appear to be wrong..Don't bother them now and wait. It could be anywhere between now and 24 hours before they begin to zip. You can apply a bit of mineral oil, or Vaseline to the membranes so they don't dry out..Best wishes...
The air cell is on the back side of the egg. There bill was faced away from it and they had pecked a bruise on the shell. That's how I knew to open it.

Back
Top Bottom