hatching

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by D&S Farms, Mar 31, 2012.

1. D&S Farms

D&S Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    phenix city, alabama
    need some help put 12 eggs in lock down on 21st day 6 hatched 6 peped and then died what happ?

2. WVstruttin

WVstruttin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    WV
    Should have went into lockdown at end of day 18. Dont know if this had anything to do with deaths. So sorry for your loss.

3. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Could have been a humidity problem. It can also be caused from opening the incubator to much during those last 3 days. When the incubator is opened while an egg is pipped, the rush of cool air can cause the membrane to stick to the chick which causes the chick to not be able to zip out.

4. D&S Farms

Mar 3, 2011
    phenix city, alabama
    never opened it. what should the humidity be i run it at about 45% till lockdown then run it to 55 60%

5. D&S Farms

Mar 3, 2011
    phenix city, alabama
    i went to lockdown on day 18 and never opened it after that

6. countryfarmer19

countryfarmer19 New Egg

Apr 9, 2012
    I just found this board last night and I have a question, we have been trying to hatch eggs the last couple months and 2 times we have had no success, We have the temp set right, water in the hatchury etc we even bought an auto matic egg turner and still nothing.. Can my rooster be broken haha I mean we are doing everything by the book. We are now on our third try and sure hope something works, just checking to see if anyone else has any thoughts.

7. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    I'm having much the same problem. I went into lockdown for 4 days, humidity at 60%, temp at 35C. One hatched one day, one the next, and now one more on it's way this morning. Today is day 24. This just ain't normal. Oh, I put in 18 eggs to start with.

8. ChickenNugget22

ChickenNugget22 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2012
    Mississippi
    how do you ad humidity then?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by