Hate the Wait!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Stacykins, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    I am certain Iam not alone. I love hatching eggs, but sometimes it seems like 21 days is WAY TOO LONG! I am normally so patient, but eggs always have me so anxious to see little ones! I am on day 10 of an incubation of my second batch of araucana hatching eggs. I adore their older siblings, but dang, I want those eggies to hatch ASAP!

July 9th is so far away. Whenever I walk by the 'bator I tell those eggies to hurry up! Then again, I am glad that chicken eggs are 21 days rather than like, 50+ for emu eggs. I would go crazy waiting for them!

2. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    You are so right! 21 days IS to long LOL

3. ChickieWoo

ChickieWoo Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2010
    Michigan
    I'm on day 19 and trying hard to sit on my hands. I keep going to the bator checking for any signs of life.

4. Imalearning

Imalearning Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2011
    timmins ontario canada
    I hear ya i've got a hundred eggs in due on july 7th, i'm a newbie so the fascination is wild...
    I've watched mama broad breasted bronze hatch 7, then one of my silkies sit and hatch 7 but that wasn't enough so we collected for ten day'\\s and waiting to see how many hatch.
    i did not candle them, i'll let them be.
    but the wait is arggg long...
    my girlfriend is a farmgilrl so she helps me out on my questions, and the people on this site have helped me immensely.
    Hoping to meet some new friends to trade some eggs but in Ontario i need more resources. Slowly branching out because i love poultry...
    peace out happy hatching

5. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    WELCOME IMALEARING!

I am sure there will be someone on here close to you [​IMG]

6. Ceinwyn

Ceinwyn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Southeast Ohio
    Quote:[​IMG]
    Nice to see a fellow Cannuck.
    Transplanted from Sudbury living in Ohio.
    Geese due around the 9th.

7. Imalearning

Imalearning Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2011
    timmins ontario canada
    yeah my gf surprised me today, she brought home a white silky roo to add to the fam... can'\ wait to see the others in the bator. shoot i better get some chicken therapy.. lol. Thanks for the welcome everyone. Happy hatching.

8. classicsredone

classicsredone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Sacramento County, CA
    No kidding! It feels like it is so long! I was the type that was impatient when I was pregnant, too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by