1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hateing the Heat!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nupine, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Today it is 95 with 30% humidity. It is like being in an incubator!!!!! It is supposed to storm tonight and tomorrow and be like 81 tomorrow. In my ideal world it would be: 60 everyday [I prefer cooler], a very slight breeze, like 2% humidity, slightly cloudy, and a very light sprinkle every night. Not flood, drought, flood, drought like it is now. We are in SE Ohio. How is it for you??

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

60 degrees is MY perfect weather too! We have seriously been thinking of moving to Alaska! This heat has to go! it's only 71 here in WI but it's getting more and more humid. The humidity is what I hate the most!

3. Bawkadoodledoo

Bawkadoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    if this keeps up for a month just set eggs outside and they'll hatch!!!

4. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Mid 90's with 49 percent humidity, will only get hotter all the way up to the end of August.

5. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

:mad: 96 where I am right now, humidity is enough to, well like you folks said, hatch eggs. This weather I try to give them fresh cold water to drink and/or stand in. I have one hen that if the sun gets on her in spring she will pant. I expect her to have heat stroke!
    Of all things to do miserably, laundry day (wouldn't have except lack of under clothes! )
    I have a feeling we are going to be putting up that pool tomorrow!!! (a small blow up circle, 3 ft deep, enough to sit in when over heated. The girls even sack out beside its cooler sides! Have a good day, stay cool and drink drink drink!

6. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    97 here now and expected to be 103 with heat index to be 105 to 110.

7. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* 93+ yesterday, and almost lost Miss Chook despite all measures. Overcast somewhat today and down at least 4-5 degrees, due to what probably would have become a low-grade tropical storm given another month!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by