HATFIELDS AND MCCOYS

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gmendoza, May 30, 2012.

1. gmendoza

gmendoza Songster

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    Anyone watching this show besides me???

2. simplifylife

simplifylife In the Brooder

May 9, 2012
    South Eastern Mass
    We have it on dvr and are planning to watch it this weekend when I am off work!! No spoilers please.. lol Can't wait to see it. Heard it is amazing!!

3. mondotomhead

mondotomhead Songster

Sep 22, 2011
    Sturbridge
    I tried to watch it and I thought it was a little slow going. I had a hard time with the viciousness of the killing during the civil war part. I deleted it from my DVR [​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  4. gmendoza

gmendoza Songster

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Dont spoil it for people who havent watched it please.[​IMG]

5. simplifylife

simplifylife In the Brooder

May 9, 2012
    South Eastern Mass
    What I have heard thus far.. is that it's so good people who have seen it said it would be amazing if it was a regular show. So we shall see.

6. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Songster

Oct 13, 2010
    I am enjoying it!

And DON"T SPOIL IT FOR OTHERS!!! If there is something about it you don't like be general, like "too much violence"

Living on the West Coast I skip soooo many shows when some one on the east coast tells me the results before it airs here!

7. gmendoza

gmendoza Songster

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    same here on the east coast.I aint tellin nuttin.wanna know? watch the show.[​IMG]

Anxious for tonites final part. [​IMG]

8. mondotomhead

mondotomhead Songster

Sep 22, 2011
    Sturbridge

Ohhhhhhh, I'm so sorry. I edited out that "spoiler" part. I wasn't thinking [​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  9. ladyrsanti

ladyrsanti Songster

Apr 19, 2012
    Michigan
    I'm LOVING it! We had been traveling down to WV for a few years to visit my BIL who was acting in a troupe at Theater West Virginia. They put on a play every year about the Hatfields and McCoys. Very good for what it is, performed at night in an outdoor theater, under the stars and surrounded by the mountain forests at the gorge, beautiful surroundings and a strange mix of amateurs and professionals acting out a piece of the local history. Quite the experience. As for the History Channel version... So far I am impressed with the "show" which is more like a six hour movie. Costner is doing very well, though I am not normally a fan of his. As for it being slow... yeah, but the feud spanned many years so if you think about the historical aspect and the depth that the movie goes into, it's justifiable IMHO. But I love history so I'm biased and would rather see more than less. The gore, yes but it's not excessive given the time period, the situation or done purely for the gross-out factor as many programs do. Perhaps it's not for everyone but I appreciate the gritty realism over a candy-coating any day. Lots of chickens running around in that movie though!

[​IMG]

10. bucky52

bucky52 Songster

Apr 26, 2011
    my dh is into watching this.i don't have time to sit down for hours to watch tv.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: